Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Out!

My reign as Office manager ended last Wednesday with a very busy day. Wednesday the Fire Marshall was coming to inspect the Shed Office behind our main office (one of many visits during construction). When he comes the children can not exist in the office. We were expecting the Fire Marshall at 12, so i planned to have the kids out by 10 (just in case he came early). Well Mr. Fire Marshall (forthmore refered to as FM) decided to break his appointment and come at 9:00am, before we had put away any kid toys, or taken down any kid decorations. Lucky for us he sat in the car for a few minutes before he came in, giving us much needed time to notice him and begin to throw toys into the nursery and barricaded the kids in the nursery until I could sneak them out. Well I was able to get the FM where he needed to go in the shed and came to get the kids and nannies out. I thought it would be funny to come to the nursery door and disguise my voice to say "Hey son, whats in here?, I'm going to need you to open this door up!" I then opened the door to find the nannies and kids huddled in the corner scared to death...Woops. Out the door i got them and they had a fun field trip to Cafe du Monde, and McDonald's. Because FM came to early I had to call parents of kids that had not shown and get play air traffic controller to be sure they did not "land" at the office when FM was there. In the end all was well and FM will be back in 30 days to give us final approval for the Shed Offices.

No comments: