Thursday, January 8, 2009

Big Daddy, Emma, and a baby in my food

Guess whose the new Office Manager of Earth Search....Give up? Its me!!! Well kind of...our Office Manger (Katie) left for England for two weeks and put me in charge while she is gone. She had some huge shoes to fill. She is the sweetest hardest working person i know...I kind of feel incompetent doing her job but it makes me feel special. In other job news...My last day at Pita Pit is Sunday January 18th....I'm going to miss working there..because its fun...but i will not miss getting home at 5am and needing to sleep when Emma was awake..poor Sarah is a trooper...

Monday was Kings Day here in New Orleans, AKA the official first day of Carnival (first day of Mardi Gras season)...If you live in New Orleans its also the end of that new years resolution to lose weight (not mine..just a fact), because everyday there is a king cake on the counter at work. How do we decide who brings the next king cake??? We bake a plastic baby into the cake of course...who ever gets the baby, buys the next king cake....I had a baby in my king cake on Monday..so its my turn!! Only in New Orleans do you accept that there is a baby laying in your food.Emma had her 6 month check up yesterday...even though she is 7 months (us Parks are slow with our babies checkups)...Emma is 17 pounds, 26.25 in long, and her head is 16.5 in. now...and NO EAR INFECTION...Yeay big girl!

Emma and Daddy at the Doctor...not really smiling cuz we were both tired..

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay for many things! Yay No ear infections, yay no pita pit, yay mardi gras!

Holly B said...

wow! 17 lbs! We just had taylor's 9 month hep B the other day and she's only 16 lb. i fear my child is headed in the direction of her mama's midget-ness :)