Saturday, October 4, 2008

I made a new day


So I started at Pita Pit on Tuesday (our friends and Family Free day 3:30pm-9pm). I found out I would be working Sun-Thursday 6pm-12am (it was 1am but i talked them into 12 so i could get up for work at Earth Search and still have slept some). It was HARD at first to juggle making pitas, answering the phone for deliveries, making smoothies, and delivering. The first day took some getting used to..But I have a system now and its actually pretty fun. I get to make people happy when i give them yummy food..and the tips are not to bad..I get about $20-$25 a night. Thursday night my boss asked me if i wanted to pick up another day (Friday)...to which i responded...Only if i can get trade in a Sun-Thursday shift...He said how about you pick up tomorrow and we can find a day to give you off...That's fine with me...I was looking forward to the "better" tips of Friday night drunk people. OK so my Friday shift is 10pm-3am (really 4:30am with closing duties)...So i come home from earth search on friday about 5pm and hop in bed for a few hours nap...I wake up about 7pm and hang with my girls till my shift at 10...I was able to put Emma to bed..give DJ his medicine (he has a UTI)..and spend time with my wonderful wife. So I go to work and apparently the drunk people didnt get the "tip big" memo cuz it was one of my worst tip nights..full of people rounding off the dollar on their credit card slips (i got $1.62 on on a $18.38 order...I don't think they were drunk to do that math)...But over all it was a fun night...But your mom is right "nothing good happens after midnight"...I saw a SUV flipped people falling over drunk...and girls who made bad judgments on their clothing (i think they forgot their pants, or their skirts were way to short even for New Orleans). My main clientale is Tulane so I'm learning the campus somewhat. ANYWAYS... I get home about 4:30am and ask Sarah this seris of questions:

Why is Emma wearing the same thing she wore last night? (Umm that was tonight..not yesterday) Oh yea..I guess it was.

Did you give DJ his medincine? (nope you did, tonight before you left for work) Oh yea...i guess i did

THIS is when i realized i had created a whole new day of the week FriSatday (the wasted time between Friday and Saturday)....Yeay there are 8 days of the week now...wonder if i can pick up another day now???

1 comment:

The Beasleys said...

WOW! You are a busy man. Daniel is a busy man too. He is tutoring on the side now, so he has four jobs. He might not have the same hours as you, but when he worked at Applebees, it was the same hours and the same tips. Just rememeber on FriSatDay that eventually things get better and God has a plan for us all. One day you and Daniel won't have to work so hard. I am proud of you! And Daniel of course :)