Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I found a dead Rat

So Monday I came into work to be greeted by the horrid smell of a dead animal....I turned on my sniffer and narrowed the smell down to a corner of the "green room" that i work in (35x35ft room). Well i checked all the traps around that area and found them all to be empty. So I then looked around the boxes under the table until i saw a hole in the wall and assumed the animal was in there, because 2 weeks ago i had the task of entering the attic of our 1905/1910 office house to place rat bait/poison around up there and was assuming some would come downstairs to die.... Oh well i said...the smell of a decaying animal should be gone within a few weeks...I'll live with it. Well today (Wednesday) my friend came in and said "Are you sure its in the wall"...Does she not know that is a dare to me....So I went to work going through each box to find our "little friend"...within in a few minutes I had found a friend...but he was not little. I found a Norwegian rat between two boxes, saw his size and went to get a mask and bags from downstairs.....so i could begin the clean up process...Caution Details are below....

Well when i returned and moved the boxes i was welcomed by a large amount of maggets eatting Mr. Rat, so i put him in a plastic bag and moved on to removing the maggets by brushing them onto a peice of paper with a cd then dumping them into the rat bag. I then borrowed the vaccum from the nursery and vaccumed up the remaing rat fur, poo, and other icky things....The nannies have informed me they will be buying a new vaccum and i may keep the one I borrowed. How nice of them! Here is a link to my old blogg and the pictures of my new friend...Caution Gross Pictures of Rat


1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ew-w-w-w!!! Yuck!!!(and I didn't even have the nerve to click on the link and see the picture---thanks for the warning!) Thank goodness it wasn't near the nursery! And thank you, sweet son-in-law, for taking such good care of your family ALL the time!

Love,
Grammy