Monday, December 8, 2008

My life as a truck driver (kind of)

So before y'all freak out and and say "How can you leave your wife and baby to drive trucks" (not that there is anything wrong with that profession).....I'm speaking of analogy I came up with to describe my working life.
Ok here is how it works:
  • Monday morning I gas up (eat breakfast) and head off for a week of driving my truck (sitting at my desk at Earth search)...Some days I drive more miles than others (work on more projects)...But I always come home to a loving family (for real).
  • This trend continues until Friday when after driving all day i have to unload the truck (Deliver Pitas at Pita Pit)...I get so into unloading the truck that I do not notice that i forgot to set the parking break and I get hit by my truck (Work until 4am... leaving me feeling like I got hit by a truck)....While unconscious from the truck hitting me I sometimes have some wonderful dreams of spending time with my family (The time I spend with Emma and Sarah from when I wake up on Saturday to 6pm that night when i go back to work...it seems so hazy)....When I gain consciousness I realize I still have more unloading to do, so off to unloading I go (back to the Pita Pit)....Silly me forgot the parking break again...Bamm truck hits me again (another 4am night)...Ahh dreams of Sarah and Emma again (time spent with my girls once again)....Time to finish unloading the truck (last night at Pita Pit..sometimes till 12am...last night till 2am)....Then off to drive the truck again on Monday (back to work at Earth Search).
  • While it seems I am complaing about working to much in this hard time of no work for some people, I know I am blessed to have a wonderful family and two jobs that would work me 80 hrs a week each if i could. God is good...ALL THE TIME...There are blessings everywhere we look..we must simply wipe the evil of our world that clogs our eyes and open our eyes and hearts to our great and grace giving God..

No comments: