Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Job

So I have discussed how much i enjoy my job at Earth Search, but i forgot to tell you guys that as of August 16th I am an official employee...Yeay! I am so glad that I was able to find a job that I love (actually God found it..who knew I'd work for an archeology firm...only God). My days are always full of excitement and new tasks...Our boss is so awesome she bought season tickets to the Saints and is giving everyone who wants one at least one ticket to a game this year...Yeay for Jill!! My health Insurance will start in 90 days...and I actually have sick days (not that I use them..I'm to suborn to admit I am sick).

We Check out "Historic structures" to see if they are elagable for historic Preservation. We use this cool Trimble GPS devices to plot where things are (girl is using one in foreground)

We dig holes to look for signs of previous settments or structures (this shows signs of a past building foundation)
Then we go back to the office and write a report about what we found, what previous investigation have found, and our suggestions, someone makes a map and plots our findings on it, then I print it, collate it, bind it, and send copies to the state (Historic Preservation Office), and client.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you!! Your job sounds awesome!

The Beasleys said...

We are so happy for you!!!