Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not superman..just a christian...

So yesterday and today were very busy days in the life of Matt....I started my day saying goodbye to the two most wonderful people in my life as they flew off to South Carolina for two weeks...Having them gone reminds me how much God has blessed me with my girls....I got to work at 7:30am after I dropped Sarah and Emma off at the airport.
Yesterday:
Tuesday I was given the privilege of maintaining the vehicles at work now (6 of them)...its pretty fun...I have been checking the break tags, oil, tires, maintenance issues and cleaning them up a bit. So far i had to put coolant in all the cars...put air in tires...and clean out the cars...
When i got home i talked to my Dad and he told me how to refinance our Car (we needed to payment to go down). So i called up USAA which is the company Sarah and I use for pretty much everything (insurance, credit card, banking, now car loan, and they walked me though refinancign the car (it took about an hour of talking to them, then i called our current financer to find out the 10 day payoff...then called USAA back and talked for a little longer. Then i talked to Sarah on Skype, sold my scooter trunk and talked to the guy who bought it from me...he has the baja 125 (older model of my scooter), so we compared scooters and had a good time....As i was going up the stairs to the apartment i heard a loud BUZZING noise...I turned around and realized it was the nursing home across the street and a lady had found a way to open one of the doors and was attempting to get out in her wheelchair...I knew this was not normal, so i ran across the street and approached the lady who was shouting at me to help her...I asked her name and gained her trust a bit and was able to convince her that i could HELP HER find a nurse....So i push her in the building and around all this halls with elderly people just sitting around...I thought this is odd , where are the nurses??? As i was dialing 911 to report that there were no nurses at this nursing home a nurse walks out of an office and about killed me with her look at me...I explained where i had found this nice lady i was pushing and saud bye and tried to get out the door I came in...But it would not open (the elderly lady must have been majic to open it). So i go back to the lone nurse and tell her i cant get out...she gives me a code and out i go...
Today:
today at 7am i took a truck to the shop for an alignment and oil change before it left on a project..While i was test driving one of the trucks today a little lizard (anole), crawled across the window so i rolled it down and let him in the truck, and like a dog he sat on the passenger seat till i opened the door for him. How cute!
Then i got to put a project area on a geomorphology map, produce a few reports, and be a nanny in the nursery....
WHAT AN AMAZING FEW DAYS!!! ONLY BY THE GRACE AND LOVE OF GOD COULD I STILL BE SANE, AWAKE, AND HAVING A BALL...

No comments: