Friday, April 11, 2008

Thanks Sarah

Well thanks to Sarah I had something to fix that i had never fixed before...Tile in a bathtub. I sized up the job and found that only about 5 tiles needed to be put back on the wall. So off to Lowes i went (I chose them over Home Depot cuz i had a gift card). The next part of my post should be skipped if you know anything about re-tiling.
  • I started right by looking for grout to put the tile up correctly. Well grout is complicated and not the cheapest so i put a scraper and the smallest container of pre-mixed grout in the cart. then i went to look for some adhesive to "glue" the tile up instead of grouting it. FOUND SOME...YEAY for an easier job. So home i go to put up the tile...easier said than done. Aparently all these little peices of tile can only go on the wall one way...and i just started "gluing" them up so it was to late when i figured out they were not all going to fit right. Sooo I do the best i can and call Sarah in to ask if it looked OK and she aproved the project...YEAY for me doing something new...
OK YOU TILE LOVERS CAN COME BACK!!
So as you may assume after you put the tile up you can not take a shower in the shower for atleast 48 hrs. So baths were OK...But between me and Sarah the tub was only used 2 times in 48 hours......by the same person :c)...I'm not telling who it was.

Update on the job front:
  • the sub teaching job on Monday was less than fun...enough however for me to know that was not the school for me....and apparently i was not right for it cuz i got no call back :c) OH WELL.
  • The "not so good" job interview ended up being pretty good and i just waiting for my references to go through and i might have "THE" job....but i might still need another "who cares what they pay, just pay me something" job.
  • I got to do a job at the Super Dome for the V-Day festivities working with some cute kidos, it was great fun, and i get to go do it again tomorrow. I even get the whole real city living experience of walking 6 blocks then catching the bus home from work. But it was Ok cuz it was fun and Sarah had to babysit tonight. I even got a free newspaper from this guy on the bus that just left it.
  • God has provided us with enough money to cover our expenses for this month...and i am positive He will continue...hopefully through a job for me...But Gods in control...not me.
  • I also got to paint the railing and a few windows on our pastors house...it was quite fun and a good experience!

No comments: