Friday, April 4, 2008

Matt's Blogg Continues

Hey guys i went ahead and made my own blog once again. I'll try to keep it updated! Here is whats been going on the last few weeks:
  • Sarah and I left our job on March 12 and moved down the street....hence the change in address...and we have both been unemployed since then.
  • I have been applying to everywhere that even sounded remotely possible for me to do and make enough money to still live here...I'm pursuing education and non-education jobs.
  • After being turned down by many many jobs i decided to apply to jobs i might be able to do and that i knew did not pay enough to live here (maybe i can get like 4 jobs)...and a few of those turned me down to.
  • Sarah and I have been praying throughout the whole process and we know God is here with us, we just are not patient people. Good thing God is in control or we be going crazy.
  • As of April 3 I am now employed by KELLY Services (i will capitalize it so not to confuse with my wonderful friend Kelly) , which is a temp agency. They have me set up to work April 14th through the 22nd, so we need to be in prayer that they will be able to find me enough work to sustain our family. God is again in control.
  • After I got back from the hiring process at KELLY i laid down for a nap (they gave me way to many tests at KELLY, and i was exhausted) I get a call back from a church school that i had written off as a rejection, they want me to teach on Monday and be observed. This school is not ideal in the least, there is no job security (the job i would be taking is from a teacher that "just wasn't working out"), and class size is 26 in a "Sm-medium" room.
  • It begins to bring up the feeling for me and Sarah that God is in control of our lives, but what does he want me to do! I get call backs from my "not so good" jobs (thank you God) and they want to interview and I'm filling my schedule with all these "not to good" job interviews that usually lead to me waiting and them not calling. I'm afraid I'm going to forget one or double book myself accidentally. I need to carry a schedule book around with me to be sure i do everything (WOO Flash back to Crusade leadership).
  • Emma Grace Parks in now in her 8th month in her mama and is making herself at home with jabs and kicks and pushing on her poor mama.
  • I put up shelfs on our back porch to put stuff on and I am very proud of myself.
  • Apparently a dog lived in the apartment before us because i have filled up a 10 gallon shop Vac about 5 times. I look in the places you don't think about..behind the dryer, on the fan blades, in the big vent that i don't know what it does on our floor (Michael and Amy have one.) I think i could build my own Mastiff, anyone interested :c).
  • I just did an online survey for Tulane to earn $15...Yeay! for Gods provisions (small they may be).

3 comments:

Kelly said...

1. God is in control and he WILL take care of you
2. You are a wonderful husband and daddy, (don't tell yourself different)
3. Thanks for putting your numbers up top, I needed them
4. It was weird seeing my name all over your page
5. Paul & I are praying for you and we love you guys

Serbian Mink said...

I am a Federal gov't employee in AZ who reads your and your wife's blogs occasionally.
See the site below for jobs in your area that are open to the general public. Good Luck.

If the link below doesn't work, go to www.usajobs.opm.gov. Click on Basic Search, drop down to "Location" and click on LA, click on Grade Levels 3 to 7, and then click on "no" where it asks if you've had past employment as a Fed.
Good Luck!

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/jobsearch.asp?q=&lid=444&salmin=&salmax=&paygrademin=5&paygrademax=7&FedEmp=N&tm=&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&FedPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=82&SUBMIT1.y=10

The Beasleys said...

I love your new blog! Temporary jobs work because God is justing helping you until the right one opens up. God has a plan for you guys and it seems to be keeping you in New Orleans, which is where you want to be. We love you guys and you are always in our prayers.