Monday, May 12, 2008

Update on life

Life has been quite busy for us the last few weeks. I went to an interview at the Audubon insectarium (the one that was on dirty jobs!), but before i was called back for my interview i received a call from my "pimp" (aka KELLY SERVICES) they had a job for me as soon as i could get there that day. The individual job is unimportant but it tells the story of Sarah and my life the last few weeks. We make plans then I get a call from KELLY and i have to decide if i take the instant money from KELLY or if i continue on the path with whatever my plan was. Its quite stressful for someone with an Anxiety Disorder. I turned down a KELLY weekend position (Fri,Sat, Sun) because i already had a Orientation at Tulane for a childcare position that Friday. and Sarah and I had a Garage sale scheduled for that Saturday. Well I get a call from KELLY with an offer for $14 per hour to work Saturday and Sunday (sorry Yard sale was canceled for this one). The Monday following i was scheduled to continue my orientation at Tulane childcare, but knew it was not a consistent position (its only subbing, and they could not guarantee i would get 40 hrs a week). KELLY calls with an offer for a month long assignment that started that Monday (i know i can't cancel the orientation, thats to big of a bridge to burn). So i ask KELLY if i can start on Tuesday instead if Monday, and they said Yes..GO GOD!!! Well that led me to have to tell Tulane on that Monday that i would not be avaliable to "sub" for a month...thats not easy to say on your first day of work. But i did it. Funny story, it turns out that the month long assigment with KELLY is with an Archaeology firm that i interviewed with a month ago to be their nanny but i didn't get the job...Small world. Well i show up to work at the firm and people recognize me, which i knew they would, what i didn't know is their reaction. "We didn't hire this guy for a reason" was all i could think of. Well when i show up they had a totaly different reation.."oh..its like God sent you back to us". They are kidding around about "keeping me around" but i would sure like to know if its a joke or for real so i can call Tulane and let them know what is going on. But i love working at the firm so far and am having tons of fun...Let see what God has in store for us....

1 comment:

The Beasleys said...

I hope you get to keep the job after the month is up. We pray for you guys every day. Give Sarah a big hug for me. I hate that I won't be there when Emma comes. I better get phone calls from someone.